DID YOU LEAVE YOUR SOUL BEHIND?
A group of scientists had to carry out research in a faraway, almost inaccessible place. A group of Mexican carriers were transporting their equipment by hand. The first day they made tremendous progress and marched fast and far. Along the way, all the carriers inexplicably stopped at once. The scientists were astonished, then became irritated, and finally furious. Why didn’t they go on? They were wasting time. The Mexicans seemed to be waiting. Then all at once, they started moving again. One of them explained to the scientists what had happened: “Because we had been going so fast, we had left our souls behind. We stopped to wait for our souls.”
We too often leave our souls behind. Caught up in urgency, we forget what is truly important in life. Pushed on by the feeling of haste, we forget our souls—our relationship with God, our dreams, our warmth, others’ feelings. From this viewpoint, it’s clear how patience is part of kindness, for how can we be kind if we don’t respect the rhythm of others? We forget the soul—theirs and ours.
Has your body run off from your soul? Are you so hurried that you can’t keep up anymore? Slow down, allow the hurry to leave you and restore a sense of balance to the pace you are keeping.
* Spending time with God is the key to our strength and success in all areas of life. Make sure that you never try to work God into your schedule, but always work your schedule around Him.
* Time is a fixed income, and as with any income, the real problem facing most of us is how to live successfully within our daily allotment. --M.B. Johnstone
* For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under Heaven. Ecclesiaste 3 :1
* God has his own timetable. Living our lives in a reference of time that doesn’t surrender to God’s reference means a life of anxiety and frustration.
* We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.--Charles Stanley
* We have to stop trying to do things in the power of the flesh. We need to rely on the strength of the Lord. Apart from God we can do nothing.
Psalm 127:1: If the Lord does not build the house, it is useless for the builders to work on it. If the Lord does not protect a city, it is useless for the guard to stay alert.
Shut out the noise around you! Be quiet, be still, listen to the Lord, and put your focus on God. Psalm 46:10 :“Be still, and know that I am God.”
* The really idle man goes nowhere. The perpetually busy man does not get much further.
* As we hurtle through life faster and faster, becoming busier and busier, the result is that in our busyness, we are becoming increasingly efficient at leading meaningless lives. --Don Whitney
* It is increasingly easy to get caught up in an activity trap, in the busyness of life, to work harder and harder at climbing the ladder of success only to discover it is leaning against the wrong wall.
* Our adversary the devil majors on 3 things : noise, hurry and crowds. If he can keep us engaged in « muchness » and « manyness », he will rest satisfied. --Richard foster
* To hear the whisper of God, you must turn down the volume of the world and take the time to disconnect from everything around you, and be still in His presence. He is waiting for you to come close to Him today.
* You may think you do not have time to feed yourself spiritually, but I assure you that you cannot afford not to. You have to take the time to feed your soul before you can be a great leader, owner of a company, spouse, friend, boss, manager or parent. --Crystal Paine
* If you find yourself a bit irritated or overwhelmed, it is a sign that you are spending less time with God and more time with this world.
* More is accomplished by spending time in God’s presence than by doing anything else. --Heidi Baker
* Spending some time getting quiet can really be the best remedy for tangled situations. Taking a step back from the emotion, frustration and exhaustion to sit quietly with the Lord will do more to untangle a mess than anything else I’ve ever found. -- Lyse Jesskeurt
*The most important gifts you can give are your love, time and attention. Slow down, take time to smile and enjoy loved ones… Life goes by way too fast.
COME TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST! Matthew 11 :28